While window-shopping before Christmas, I had a reflection. In mainstream fashion, it seems that New Year’s Eve is the only occasion when wearing sequins is à la mode.
Personally I like to add a little sparkle to all my outfits (and end up unintentionally doing so more often than not… kids, glitter is impossible to get rid of).
The end of the year seems the perfect occasion to go a little decadent – and what’s more decadent than a Great Gatsby-inspired, 1920s-themed outfit? Here you have some inspiration to help you channel your inner flapper:
Rule 1. Show those legs!
Rule 2. Loose waist hides the post-Christmas happy belly (not that it needs to be hidden!)
Rule 3. Make it sparkle!
Rule 4. Sensible heels mean you can dance all night!
Rule 5. Reuse Christmas tree decorations for a fun outfit!
- 1920s Style Paprika & Gold Seven Voyages Beaded Reproduction Flapper Dress, Unique Vintage
- 1920s Style Black & Silver Deco Beaded Forster Flapper Dress, Unique Vintage
- 1920s Style Blush Geometric Sequin Deco Beaded Flapper Dress, Unique Vintage
- Black and Gold Gatsby Art Deco Style Evening Clutch Bag, Vintage Peppercorn, Etsy (basically you need a clutch which is a) sparkly, b) tasseled or c) both)
- Ruby Shoo 20s Belle Pumps in Platinum, Top Vintage (these are going to my personal wishlist, too!)
- Long Pearl Effect Rope Necklace, Claire’s (hint: you can use faux pearl bead Christmas tree garlands – I do!)
- Turban, Partybox (other colors also available but isn’t this silver amazing?!)
- 1920s vintage inspired wedding flapper headband, Gatsby Lady, Etsy
- Charleston Art Deco Headdress N83, Star Crossed Beauty, Etsy
Need some music for your stylish party? Why of course I have some suggestions!
And remember, have fun!